Premature ejaculation (PE) is a very common sexual problem in men – and, it doesn’t just occur among the younger, more inexperienced ones. In Singapore, PE affects 34% of men at some point in their lives. The good news is, PE is a treatable condition.
In this article, we will be digging deeper into Priligy (Dapoxetine), the first and only prescription medication developed specifically for the treatment of PE:
- What is premature ejaculation;
- How does Priligy work for PE;
- Effectiveness of Priligy;
- How to take it;
- Potential side effects;
- Where to buy Priligy in Singapore.
What Is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation (rapid ejaculation, premature climax or uncontrolled early ejaculation) is a condition wherein a man ejaculates with little sexual stimulation or sooner than him/his partner would like.
Though there is no fixed time frame which constitutes PE, it is often defined as “premature” as long as ejaculation occurs sooner than desired. Most sources cite a duration of 30 seconds – 4 minutes.
Ejaculating early can be extremely frustrating for men and so taking Priligy (Dapoxetine) to counteract it can have a very positive effect on mental health and self-confidence. Taking Priligy pills can also improve the user’s sexual or romantic relationships, as PE can often cause problems in this area.
What Is Priligy and How Does It Work?
Dapoxetine belongs to the group of medicines called Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI). It works by increasing the serotonin level in the nervous system which in turn help to:
- Increase the time it takes to ejaculate; and
- Improve control over ejaculation.
How Effective is Priligy?
How To Take Priligy
Priligy (Dapoxetine) may be taken when needed, anywhere from 1 – 3 hours before sexual activity.
Priligy is not affected by whether or not it’s taken with food, so you do not need to worry about having something to eat. However, you should avoid taking Priligy with alcohol as this may cause, or worsen, unwanted side effects such as dizziness and sleepiness.
The most effective period after taking Priligy is around 1 – 3 hours after first taking the medication. However, the effects of Priligy can last for up to 12 hours. Despite this, it is recommended that you utilise its effects within the first 1 – 3 hours.
Do not take Priligy more than once a day or the dose prescribed for you.
What Are The Potential Side Effects of Priligy (Dapoxetine)?
Priligy (Dapoxetine) is rapidly absorbed and has a short half-life which minimizes the adverse effects that are common to the SSRI’s.
The most common side effects – similar to many drugs – include dizziness or light-headedness, headache and nausea.
More serious side effects are rare. If you experience symptoms of a drug allergy (which can include swollen face, breathing difficulties or hives), seek immediate medical attention.
Where To Buy Priligy (Dapoxetine) In Singapore
In order to purchase Priligy (Dapoxetine) in Singapore, you will first need to see a doctor for a prescription as it is a prescription-only medication.
Singapore Telemedicine Service for Premature Ejaculation
We get it. Going to a brick-and-mortar clinic for your sexual issues can be awkward and mundane. That’s why more than 9 in 10 men in Singapore who reported having experienced PE have not sought treatment, creating a heavy impact on their partners.
With Siena, you can now speak to a doctor online and get your PE treatment delivered discreetly, all from the comfort of your home.
- Healthhub. (2019, September). Dapoxetine. https://www.healthhub.sg/a-z/medications/350/Dapoxetine
- MIMS. Dapoxetine: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution https://www.mims.com/singapore/drug/info/dapoxetine
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. (2014, May). Full evidence summary | Premature ejaculation: dapoxetine. https://www.nice.org.uk/advice/esnm40/chapter/full-evidence-summary
- P. Ganesan Adaikan, Peter Lim, Kok Kit Ng, and Ee-Ling Fock. Journal of Men’s Health. S84-S86. (2011, April). Asian perspective: Premature ejaculation prevalence and attitudes (PEPA) among Singaporean men. http://doi.org/10.1016/S1875-6867(11)60030-4
- Peng, J. et al (2021, April). Safety and Effectiveness of Dapoxetine On Demand in Chinese Men With Premature Ejaculation: Results of a Multicenter, Prospective, Open-Label Phase IV Study. Sexual medicine, 9(2), 100296. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.esxm.2020.100296